DX-Cluster-Übernahme in das Work Fenster und nach SmartSdr

Moderator: DL7UCX

LB2EG

Re: DX-Cluster-Übernahme in das Work Fenster und nach SmartS

Beitrag von LB2EG »

DL7UCX hat geschrieben:Hello Richard and Martin,

I added the new RTTY(AFSK) mode in Version 7.58 Beta 3.
It requires "Settings-Station-Transceivers = Flexradio V1.6", "RTTY = AFSK" and "TX Mode = Data/Pkt.".

I changed only the CAT command MD to ZZMD but use still the IF command. I don't know which "old" mode is reported for RTTY by IF command response. Hopefully it is unchanged DIGL/U.
If it is not working, please switch on "Help - Trace system events - TRX control", change mode to RTTY and send the file SYSLOG.TXT (from log data directory) to me.

73 Ben
Thanks for the beta!

It works ok during initial testing. I will give it more attention later on, and report back any trouble.

Richard, LB2EG
DL2MSA

Beitrag von DL2MSA »

Hallo Ben,

installed the new Beta Version
and changed the settings as recomended additional enabled Fldigi
Selected the spot CE1OEB on 12m at 24.921MHz 21:22 UTC.
The result:
QSO Work Window showed as Mode RTTY but switched immediatly to "Pkt"
FLDIGI was loaded
SmartSdr shows all the time RTTY as the selected band mode and Filter width 400Hz
fldigi ask "confirm quit" ( has something to do with the PKT Mode in QSO Work Window?)
With "YES" fldigi was closed
Additional changed in the QSO Word Window the Mode Manual to RTTY was permanent successful
Send Window is named as "Send DIGITAL"
with "F1" key in send window the PTT was switching and RTTY sound was on the left headphone side, DAX Audio worked, but have no power Output
i recognized now that fldigi was loaded (initially over UcxLog) with the wrong configuration file for slice A - give me some additional time want to try this tomorrow again.

Summery
RTTY Mode is selected in SmartSDR
Mode in "QSO Work" Window is immediatly switched to "PKT" with results in "confirming quit"
Manually redefining the Mode to RTTY is a permanent setting and fldigi was again automatically started
the correct fldigi XML configuration file was not loaded and shoud be later investigated

73 Martin
DL7UCX

Beitrag von DL7UCX »

Hallo Martin,

ich brauche konkrete Daten, um das Problem zu analysieren:
If it is not working, please switch on "Help - Trace system events - TRX control", change mode to RTTY and send the file SYSLOG.TXT (from log data directory) to me.
73 Ben
LB2EG

Beitrag von LB2EG »

DL7UCX hat geschrieben:Hallo Martin,

ich brauche konkrete Daten, um das Problem zu analysieren:
73 Ben
I have done some testing on this, with latest MMTTY version and latest Fldigi production version.

I have not the problems Martin describes. (Martin, have you enabled "Use XML-RPC program" in Fldigi cat configuration?)

Choosing spots from the "DX Cluster" window, enables MMTTY in SmartSDR RTTY mode when RTTY spots, and Fldigi in SmartSDR DIGU mode when PSK spots. This is also done correctly when I use Fldigi also for RTTY. I assume that the Ucxlog chooses between the RTTY and PSK mode according to the Band plan configuration in Ucxlog config (?)

Some anomalies(?):

1) When only using Fldigi on digital modes, and choosing the mode in Ucxlog QSO work window, It initially enables RTTY mode in SmartSDR when choosing RTTY and DIGU mode when choosing other digital modes. But changing modes between RTTY and other digital modes in the QSO work window, does not always alter the mode in SmarSDR, even though the mode is altered in Fldigi modem.

2) When clicking on band/mode selecion "Rest" in Ucxlog Main window, it always enables RTTY. I assume that this is a design decision, which is ok with me. But maybe it could be possible for the individual user to preset in the configuration pane which mode to be choosen when clicking the "Rest" selection in main window?

3) In the Bandmap window, mode selction follows the rig mode, and runs independently from the Band plan configuration. This is ok when the user knows what is going on. But also here an option to follow Ucxlog band plan configuration when clicking on a spot would be nice.

73 de LB2EG Richard
DL2MSA

Beitrag von DL2MSA »

Hallo Ben,

das Syslog in der Anlage

Martin
Dateianhänge
SYSLOG.TXT
(167.58 KiB) 154-mal heruntergeladen
DL7UCX

Beitrag von DL7UCX »

Hallo Martin,

das sieht alles normal aus.
Bitte schick mir Deine Datei UCXLOG.ST2 aus dem Logdatenverzeichnis per E-Mail.

73 Ben
DL7UCX

Beitrag von DL7UCX »

Hello Richard,

Is CW/SSB still working with your Flexradio?

73 Ben
LB2EG

Beitrag von LB2EG »

DL7UCX hat geschrieben:Hello Richard,

Is CW/SSB still working with your Flexradio?

73 Ben
Yes my flex-6300 with SmartSDR 1.6.21 is working ok.

Richard
DL7UCX

Beitrag von DL7UCX »

Hello Richard,
1) When only using Fldigi on digital modes, and choosing the mode in Ucxlog QSO work window, It initially enables RTTY mode in SmartSDR when choosing RTTY and DIGU mode when choosing other digital modes. But changing modes between RTTY and other digital modes in the QSO work window, does not always alter the mode in SmarSDR, even though the mode is altered in Fldigi modem.
If I change mode from RTTY to PSK in the QSO work window, I see that the new mode "DIG..." is sent to TRX.
May be I can analyse this problem better if you send again a SYSLOG.TXT.
2) When clicking on band/mode selecion "Rest" in Ucxlog Main window, it always enables RTTY. I assume that this is a design decision, which is ok with me. But maybe it could be possible for the individual user to preset in the configuration pane which mode to be choosen when clicking the "Rest" selection in main window?
It is so "designed" and I will not extend it. Other digital modes can be chosen in the work window.
3) In the Bandmap window, mode selction follows the rig mode, and runs independently from the Band plan configuration. This is ok when the user knows what is going on. But also here an option to follow Ucxlog band plan configuration when clicking on a spot would be nice.
Unclear, sri.
QSO/TRX mode is determined by band plan and keywords in remarks of the spot.
Bandmap must follow the rig mode.
The bandmap range is fixed for CW/FONE/DIGITAL and follows not the bandplan because it is to difficult.

73 Ben
DL7UCX

Beitrag von DL7UCX »

Another question:

I called the new Flexradio type "Flexradio V1.6" because of SmartSDR version number.

How is visible for the user which type or version of Flexradio he is using :?:
Better name for new Flexradio :?:

73 Ben
LB2EG

Beitrag von LB2EG »

DL7UCX hat geschrieben:Another question:

I called the new Flexradio type "Flexradio V1.6" because of SmartSDR version number.

How is visible for the user which type or version of Flexradio he is using :?:
Better name for new Flexradio :?:

73 Ben
I see no reason for Flex-6000 user not upgrading to SmartSDR v 1.6.x, which is a free update. Maybe you can call the old setup "Flexradio-Powersdr" and the new one Flexradio-SmartSDR" ?

I will send you the syslog.txt in a seperate mail.

Richard
DL2MSA

Beitrag von DL2MSA »

Hallo Ben,

mit der Beta 7.58 Beta klappt das Umschalten auf RTTY problemlos. Das "confirme quit" in fldigi wurde nach deinen Vorgaben deaktiviert.

Danke

73 DL2MSA
Antworten