Wrong State?

Moderator: DL7UCX

Antworten
MD0MDI
Wrong State?

Beitrag von MD0MDI »

Hi Ben,

Just worked the ARRL International DX and we have a small issue with the log, it does not except entries such as K6AAX/VY2, is there a work around?

Also, slightly more annoying, is there a way to get QTH, State, IOTA, and Locator automatically entered? it appears in the 'Call Book' window OK, but to get this to bring this in I either have to export the logbook from UcxLog, Import it into Ham Radio Deluxe, update the logbook which this will do, and then re-import in UcxLog, the only problem is that for some reason i have to go back through the log manually and in this case where we have Rcvd Number and UcxLog uses seperate fields for RST and Number, bloody HRD combines them into one and I have to then manually edit each line to seperate them back.
DL1DTL

Re: Wrong State?

Beitrag von DL1DTL »

Hi James,
MD0MDI hat geschrieben: ...
Also, slightly more annoying, is there a way to get QTH, State, IOTA, and Locator automatically entered? ...

what is the reason you need these informations in a contest-log?

Klaus DL1DTL
DL7UCX

Beitrag von DL7UCX »

Hi James,

such entries like K6AAX/VY2 are well excepted if you enter the right state: PE or PEI
If the station uses an other state, you can simply ignore the warning "Wrong state" by pressing ENTER.

I don't see any real necessity to take over all these data from callbook.
If you enter later the same call sign in Work / Edit Log / QSL window, you see again the callbook window with all information. You don't need it double in the QSO data.

73 Ben
MD0MDI

Beitrag von MD0MDI »

As requested before I need to Locator grid ref for created worked mapping data for the statistics, as for the other info such as QTH, etc, everyone that I show UcxLog to keep coming back with the same responce, in that all of the software that they use presently does this as per normal, so why should they change to something that does not do it! I does annoy me as well, I spend many hours entering this information manually. Its just one of those annoying things that I keep getting asked!
DL7UCX

Beitrag von DL7UCX »

Hello James,

- Which callbook do you use, RAC or HamCall ?
- The W/VE states are already copied into QSO Work window and for ARRL contests into Contest Work window !
- You miss copy of QTH, Locator, IOTA. Or any more?

73 Ben
MD0MDI

Beitrag von MD0MDI »

We mainly use HamCall as this has Locator information in its database.

Sorted out the error with the calksign, they had entered the state as 'PE' instead of 'PEI'

The only things we miss are 'QTH', 'Locator' and 'IOTA', but the 'Locator' is the most important.

Thanks for the help
DL7UCX

Beitrag von DL7UCX »

Sorted out the error with the calksign, they had entered the state as 'PE' instead of 'PEI'
I think UcxLog accepts PE as well as PEI :!:

73 Ben
MD0MDI

Beitrag von MD0MDI »

Just for reference, it was the 'PE' it was not excepting for that callsign, once I changed it for 'PEI' it was OK...
DL7UCX

Beitrag von DL7UCX »

Sri James,

I do not understand :!:
I checked again the ARRL-I-DX-Contest with Version 7.04 and PE and PEI are both accepted for K6AAX/VY2.

73 Ben
MD0MDI

Beitrag von MD0MDI »

Strange, would not except just PE on the main PC here ??????????

Not to worry, done now.

Thanks anyway...
DL7UCX

Beitrag von DL7UCX »

Hello James,

please check additions QTH/Locator/IOTA in callbook pop-up menu of version 7.05 Beta 11.

73 Ben
MD0MDI

Beitrag von MD0MDI »

Thanks for the latest Beta Ben, works a treat, so very much appreciated, thankyou so very much for the addition.
Antworten