No Web browser and Cluster gone?

Moderator: DL7UCX

Antworten
MD0MDI
No Web browser and Cluster gone?

Beitrag von MD0MDI »

Hi Ben,

I have just updated to the latest version and noticed that the Web Browser window now does not appear? I use to use this for the DX Cluster as it loads the last 1000 DX entries, and seemed to work faster that the Telnet Clusters.

But I have also noticed that the saved Cluster addresses that I once had in the telnet window have also vanished, can you let me know what the default Telnet address that you had for the German DX Cluster as it was always very reliable?

James (MD0MDI)
DL7UCX
Re: No Web browser and Cluster gone?

Beitrag von DL7UCX »

Hi James,

Yes, the web browser is now suppressed if telnet is used.
I observed that the usage of the web browser produced heavy load and blocked UcxLog for seconds.
So it should be used only if telnet is not available (e.g. in company intranets).
Otherwise telnet is much more effective as the web browser and all new messages are always received faster.

From Help: db0sue.de (port 8000).

73 Ben
MD0MDI

Beitrag von MD0MDI »

Thanks for the info, I will stick to Telnet then, thanks for the address info...

James (MD0MDI)
DL7UCX

Beitrag von DL7UCX »

Hi James,

Please excuse the regimentation but too many users try to use all features, but not only the helpful ones.
If you compare some DX clusters you will see that all distribute the same messages.
For loading some messages from past, you can use the telnet feature of automatic sending the file Telnet1_CMD.TXT after login (with a content like "sh/dx 50").

73 Ben
Antworten