Feature Request...

Moderator: DL7UCX

Antworten
MD0MDI
Feature Request...

Beitrag von MD0MDI »

Hi Ben, I hope that this is in the right section...

I have asked for this before, not just for myself but others over here have said that it is a shame that this feature is not in the software as well, so I am asking again just in case it has come up by others...

Is it possible to have the 'Country' name that you are working added to the logbook so that it will appear...

Bild

In a column here where the arrow is, when I am logging I try to add the country name manually to the log but as you can see it appears after say the name of the contact and the QTH town.

Bild

I would say that nearly everyone that I have introduced the software to has liked it, but nearly everyone has asked if there is a way to glance down the log to se who you have worked, and if you don't enter this manually it can be a little harder to work out some of the countries from the call signs, and it would be so much easier to see if the country was added to a separate column either in front of the presently last column or after it.

Is this at all possible in the future?

Hope all is well and Cheers...
All the best,

James (MD0MDI)
http://www.md0mdi.im
DL7UCX
Re: Feature Request...

Beitrag von DL7UCX »

Hello James,

I'm not sure if I understand correctly.

You want to see the full entity name in the "Last Logged ..." window
(your picture shows the "Worked" window but with content of "Last logged").

This needs a lot of space, so it must be switchabel.

In Version 7.38 Beta 9 I added in the pop-up menü of this list a new item "Show full entity name". Try to check it.

73 Ben
MD0MDI

Beitrag von MD0MDI »

Perfect Ben, Thanks for this, everyone now happy - although another request was ask for by one of the operators that I have forced your software on...

Kind of to do with same request, but now that he can see the entries that he has last worked, and showing the countries has made them happy, they want to know if you will ever make the 'Last Worked' window scrollable, so if your window only shows say the last 30 QSO's dues to screen size, could there be a way to scroll down the list to see all the calls that they made that day or that week that are hidden due to the box size.

Does that make sense..?

Thanks for this one Ben, SO VERY MUCH APPRECIATED by the old ones in the Isle of Man....
All the best,

James (MD0MDI)
DL7UCX

Beitrag von DL7UCX »

Hello James,

I put the vertical scroll bar on the To-Do-List, it's not simple and I have no time in the moment, preparing for small Dxpedition to ZA in April.

73 Ben
MD0MDI

Beitrag von MD0MDI »

Thanks for that, I will pass that on to hose that asked about it...

Hope you have fun with the DXpedition..

Thanks again...
All the best,

James (MD0MDI)
MD0MDI

Beitrag von MD0MDI »

Any news on when the scroll bars will be added??

I know that you are busy, just passing on from others over here...
All the best,

James (MD0MDI)
DL7UCX

Beitrag von DL7UCX »

Hallo James,

I checked the request for a vertical scroll bar in the "Last logged" window and I decided to reject it for this reasons:
  • It is difficult and risky to change the code (about 2000 lines) of this window because it overlays different contents, is already is scalable and is docked to different "parent" windows.
  • Increasing the number of shown "last logged" QSOs can considerable increase the reaction time of the program, e.g. after logging a lot of QSO records must be read again from log file.
  • To show a big part of the log during "Work" is not the UcxLog philosophy, it is the old philosophy of a paper log book.
    UcxLog shows all information about QSOs before if you type a part of the call sign what is much more effective than to leaf through a book.
    If anybody nevertheless wants to leaf through the log book he can open the "Edit Short" window and enjoy the obsolete paper log book feeling.
73 Ben
Antworten